Q. What if my car is "Totaled"?

If you've been offered a fair and reasonable price, accept it, find a new car and get on with your life. If you are not satisfied with the insurance company's offer, you must prove to the adjuster that your car deserves a higher valuation. You can get the prices of similar cars from your local newspaper. You can document the value of your car by researching your car's price in an appraisal guide or by checking the price of your car on the Internet At sites like, Kelley Blue Book, or Edmunds. Or you can hire an independent appraiser to value your car. If you and the adjuster are unable to agree upon the value of your car, you will have to sue the "at-fault" driver. However, with all the tools available to value cars, almost all Property Damage claims are settled.